It is Monday the new CEO has some announcements to make: from now on things will be changing. He used his first 30 days to analyze processes and decided to go back to the drawing table. Today he is presenting a fine tuned strategy aligned with the company’s core values. Your job to implement and pay it forward. You know it will impact headcount and some tough decisions have to be made. Frustrating… Yes, however this is the time to show your leadership skills. After a period of some resistance the effects are visible: profit growth. Continue reading Never settle: the added value
The end of 2016 is near, a few more weeks to go. How will this look like for you? Are you hitting budget this year? Sometimes it is good to be reminded of how to increase your spends! I have summarized 10 basic elements which will help you to increase spends in your shops.
- Upsell: Ask the question… every time, every transaction!
- Presentation: highlight those best sellers!
- People: training and focus but most of all: hire the right people
- Place: use your data to plan your store properly
- Price: value for money
- Promotions: you need promotions believe me, but don’t give away your products
- Products: matching the needs of your customers
- Theming: get the story right in your store and you will increase value for money
- Planning: forecast the needs and never run out of stock on your best sellers
- Service: happy people buy
Since the holiday season is about to start, the next post will focus on driving sales during the holidays!
Not a long story just key words this time which will drive your sales no matter how busy your store is!
- Planning: forecasting
Read more on the key elements in Retail here
Preparing myself for the trip to Asia I was clearing my apartment and found some gift cards from ‘de Bijenkorf’ a premium department store in The Netherlands with shop-in-shop formulas from Nike to Gucci. I needed a pair of sneakers and a Lonely Planet of Indonesia. I was hunting for sneakers quite a while now and visited several sport stores before deciding to go to the Flagship Store in Amsterdam. As usual I checked the webshop first to take a look at the assortment and found some nice ones online. Knowing what I want it was time to pay a visit. Continue reading Product Zoning: lost in a department store